According to experts, Bitcoin is a good investment. Even the rich and celebs are endorsing it openly. However, there are other kinds of cryptocurrencies as well. It is also wise to invest in other digital currencies such as ethereum. In this post, you will discover how to convert bitcoin to ethereum.
There are many methods through which you can convert bitcoin to ethereum. Now, let’s turn our attention to how you can swap bitcoin with another crypto online.
It is possible to change bitcoin to ethereum using changelly instantly. Changelly is a fully operational platform that is fully fledged that allows you to convert one digital currency into another. For instance, let’s say you have 1 BTC and you would like to change it into ethereum. With the help of changelly, you can be able to do that instantly.
For you to convert the crypto, follow the following simple steps:
- Go to the changelly site and create an account with them. All that will be required is your email address. Once you have created an account with changelly, you can use it over and over again whenever you want to exchange the currencies.
- Choose the bitcoin (BTC) and ethereum (ETH) pair
- Next, click on the exchange. This will take you to the next page which shows you the details of the transaction.
- After that, click next and then ether your ethereum wallet address to which your ether converted coins will be sent to.
- Then click on next, and it will take you to the next page where the details of the conversion that you are making. Ensure that you counter check all the details before you click on ok to confirm the transaction. Once you click on ok, the payment will be effected.
- You will be directed to the next page on which will be displayed the QR code. Additionally, the bitcoin wallet address will be shown to which you are sending your BTC which will be converted into the ether.
- After you have confirmed and sent the payment, you will receive an email notification giving you the full details of the transaction when the whole process had been effected.
Just like Changelly, Shapeshift is another platform for digital currency conversion. Shapeshift allows you to convert your bitcoin to ethereum. For you to efficiently do this using this platform, you will need bitcoins and an ethereum wallet address.
You can convert your bitcoin to ethereum by following the following simple steps.
- Go to the Shapeshift website and open an account with them.
- Next, on the section of which coins to trade, choose bitcoin in the deposit section and ethereum in the receive section.
- After that, click on continue. You will then be directed to the next page where you will enter your bitcoin and ethereum wallet addresses. However, the bitcoin address is not a must but it is essential in case a refund needs to be made.
- Next, click on the “start transaction” button. You will be directed to another page where you will find the address to which you will send it to.
The process will take 30 – 60 seconds to complete and then you will receive a message indicating the transaction has been effected. When you receive the notification, it means that your bitcoins have been converted to ethereum and the funds have been transferred to the ethereum wallet address that you provided. Immediately your ethereum wallet will reflect the amount that you sent. However, it will indicate “pending” for half an hour until the network verifies the transaction.
However, there is no need for alarm for the 30 minutes that the funds will seem pending because it might not take 30 minutes for the transaction to be verified and your ethereum wallet will be loaded with the amount that you transferred.
Furthermore, Shapeshift has a mobile app that you can use for the conversion of the cryptos.
Well, these are the two examples of platforms that are currently available for converting bitcoin to ethereum. Moreover, you can use these platform for conversion of other cryptocurrencies as well. If you are new in Bitcoin, you can follow the following links and learn more about bitcoin, Top 5 Bitcoin Wallets (Cloud) and How a Bitcoin Transaction Works Vs Bank